Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian school children in Years 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 of schooling (Eligible Entrants). Immediate family members of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3. To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the Quiz rounds in teams of four (4) on their school computers during school hours.
4. Incomplete or incorrect entries will be deemed invalid.
5. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and NOT at the time of transmission by the Eligible Entrant. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) in its sole discretion and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. Students can only participate in one (1) team.
8. Promotion commences four times a year, throughout the school term. Term 1 Round 1 & 2 commences 21st & 28th March 2011. Term 2 Round 1 & 2 commences 7th June & 13th June 2011. Term 3 Round 1 & 2 commences 22nd August & 29th August 2011. Term 4 Round 1 & 2 commences 14th November & 21st November 2011.
9. Winners will be notified by email and or mail.
10. Entries will not be returned.
11. By entering this promotion, Eligible Entrants and their teachers acknowledge that they have received parental/guardian consent for the Eligible Entrant’s name and school to be displayed on the STAWA and ScienceiQ Quiz Website.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will not be redeemable for cash.
14. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
15. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
16. The winning entry/s (based on most number of correct scores) for each school Year level grouping for the Quiz 1 & 2 will be organised by STAWA. The prizes will comprise of a combination of gift vouchers of varying monetary value, STAWA educational gifts, ScienceiQ Promotional material. Prizes are subject to change.
17. The winning entry (based on most number of correct scores in least time to complete the quiz round) for each school Year level grouping for the Quiz Final will be awarded the highest value prize available from the prizes detailed above, plus certificates.
18. The second placegetter for the Quiz Final will receive will be awarded the 2nd highest value prize available from the prizes detailed above, plus certificates.
19. The third placegetter for the Quiz Final will be awarded the 3rd highest value prize available from the prizes detailed above, plus certificates.
20. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
21. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
22. By entering this promotion, Eligible Entrants and their teachers acknowledge that they have received parental/guardian consent for the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize including attendance at events included as part of the prize.
25. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Eligible Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
26. As a condition of accepting a prize, the winner (and any companion, if applicable) must sign any legal documentation as an in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to legal release and indemnity form.
27. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter and their associated agencies take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
28. The Promoter is the Science Teachers Association of Western Australia of Resources and Chemistry Precinct, Curtin University of Technology Building 500, Manning Road Entrance, Bentley, WA, 6102. ABN 65 971 045 197 and ScienceiQ Quiz is being managed by Websmart Design.